Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Green Smoothie Detox Day 3 Update

If you want to read my intro to what I'm doing, click here.

I'm so excited-today I feel fantastic!  No headache, no fatigue.  Because I am feeling more adventurous with the green smoothies, I am not following the meal plan exactly.  I am essentially picking and choosing my menu each day.  This is totally not necessary, but I am enjoying myself.  One of the great benefits of doing the Living Raw By Grace Green Smoothie Detox Feast is that all the planning is done for you, complete with a shopping list, and if you want, a class at the grocery store to learn about selecting produce and saving money on it.

Savory Smoothie Soup
At any rate, this is a picture of a smoothie I made and enjoyed as a soup.  This one had no fruit in it-it was savory.  It was very good, almost like a salsa.  I chopped up some green onion for a garnish too.  One low speed blender batch generated about 5 bowls like this.  It's a lot of food.  I love the beautiful vibrant green color.  I know that disturbs some people but to me green=health.  Delish and Nutrish!




Below is the last green smoothie I made in my low speed blender.  Notice the dark flecks in it.  I believe that to be the skin from the grapes I put in this one.  The low speed blender just couldn't break it up more than that.  It was yummy, but if you need a smooth texture, you wouldn't have enjoyed it. 
No recipe, just using up what I had on hand.


I was so excited to get my Vitamix home that I neglected to take any pictures of the first smoothie I made in it, an Apple Pie Smoothie.  It tasted like Apple Pie!  My kids loved it and even my smoothie averse husband tried it and liked it.  I found the recipe online at Incredible Smoothies and it was delish.  Technically, this one was not a green smoothie due to no greens in it, but I could add spinach (because it is so mild in flavor) and it would be a green smoothie.

Avocado Banana Smoothie
This morning I made another recipe I found at Low Fat Vegan Chef.  The only change I made here was to use one banana instead of two.  Let me tell you that this was the creamiest and most satisfying smoothie I have ever had.  I was looking around for some more substantial smoothie recipes because of my hunger level the first day.  An avocado is filling and loaded with healthy fat.  It makes the smoothie so creamy, it's to die for.  

The other special thing about this particular smoothie is that I got to make it in my Vitamix.  With my low speed blender I had to peel and/or chop my produce into smaller chunks.  I would then have to add those ingredients one at a time.  Not so with the Vitamix.  Everything went in, I turned it on and within a few moments, smoothest smoothie ever!  Have I mentioned how happy I am to have my new kitchen appliance?  :-)

No comments: