Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Alive With God

God is the God of the living, not the dead, 
because all people are alive to Him.  
Luke 20:38



Is my focus in the right place?  By right place, I mean am I focusing on God and trusting Him? 
Or am I off track, focusing on the past, regrets, grief or mistakes?  Or on being criticial of others?
Am I living?  Really living?  

These are some of the thoughts I have had while visiting cemeteries.  I believe it is important to do.  However, I also believe that the deceased person is not there, in the cemetery.  Yes, their body is there.  But their soul, the part of them that makes them alive, and makes them who they are is not there.  Cemeteries are for the dead, not the living.  If I am alive, I must choose to live, really live.  And for me, this means following God-the God of the living.

What does really living mean to you?  How do you keep your focus in the right place?

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the reminder to keep my focus in the right place-on You.  
You are sovereign, mo matter what is going on in the world.  
Thank you that I am alive in You.  
Thank you!  
Help me to keep my focus on You.  
Amen.

No comments: