Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

God, Make Me Strong.

So I sent him back this answer: "Nothing you are saying is really happening.  
You are just making it up in your own mind."  
Our enemies were trying to scare us, thinking "they will get too weak to work.  Then the wall will not be finished."  
But I prayed "God, make me strong."  
Nehemiah 6:8-9

How often do I "make things up in my own mind"?  I wonder how often I cooperate with the enemy by making things up or by focusing on the wrong things.  Getting distracted by nonessential issues.  Letting fear and doubt take root.  The answer is too often.  I remember the line from the book Captivating, when the authors were describing the devil as the one who knows what I could be (if I fully surrendered and cooperated with God) and fears me, fears that.  The devil fears what I could be-with God!  The devil fears what I could do-with God!  Oh my, that is powerful.

Do you have a story about you making up things in your own mind?  What happened?  What did you learn from the situation?  How do you make sure you're not doing it again?

Dear Lord,
I echo Nehemiah's prayer.  
Make me strong!  Help me be bold and keep my focus on You, Lord.  
Help me see Your way AND do it.  
Lord make me strong in Your holy name-so I may be all that You created me to be.  
In the holy name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments: