Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Handwriting

I'm teaching my eldest to write in cursive.  I plan to start my youngest this way too.  I did some research and it seems to make more sense, developmentally.  S has decent handwriting, when he takes his time.  Isn't that true for all of us?   There are many resources on the web for handwriting, but my all time favorite has got to be the Basic Cursive Handwriting Font that I found here.

This download is free.  It's fast. And it's simple.  A few clicks and I was up and running.   Now I can create personalized handwriting practice page for my son.  We have started by combining his spelling lists.  He studies by copying the list a few times.  He used to print it.  Now he can write it in cursive.   I can make personalized handwriting practice sheets that are tailored to my son's interests, such as books we are reading or movies we have seen recently.  I can even include Bible verses he is memorizing. 

No comments: