Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

More Thanksgiving projects

Toilet paper roll / handprint turkey.  I saw a couple of different versions of this online.  We had to improvise a bit as I didn't have brown paint or construction paper.  (I have no paint in the house, but a brand new  pack of construction paper, without any brown in it?!?)  So we used a brown paper bag to wrap our toilet paper rolls in.  It essentially is the same color as the cardboard, but more uniform and it covered up the glue.  I also didn't have any googly eyes, so I hole punched some scraps of brown paper and drew a pupil in.  We traced the boys hands three times and here is the finished product.  They are proudly gracing our kitchen table as our new centerpiece. 



Next up crafts out of Abeka books. This first one is by my preschooler and is out of the Abeka Art Projects K4 book.  It's very cute and he had a blast doing it. More cutting and pasting.  The mashed potatoes are a wadded up piece of tissue with a yellow marker dab of butter.



And my older son made this one from Abeka Art Projects 1.  Although our cover does not look the same as the one in the link.  We must have an older version. No matter though, the projects are still good.  I got it for a bargain off of craigslist!  I love a good deal.


And then, the boys staged/posed this picture.  They insisted all of their projects friends needed to be in the same photograph, so here it is:



And here are some free worksheets/printables I found online.  The one with the letter tracing came from Little Blots and the one without came from Christian Preschool Printables.


That will pretty much wrap up our Thanksgiving week school activities.  I have one other craft that we may do, depending on time and mood sometime in the next few days.  We're off to enjoy food, family, friends and football.  We have much to be thankful for.  God is good.

Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours.

1 comment:

Missy said...

those are too cute :) reminds me of my preschool days. thanks for sharing.