Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Waiting...

(Author's note, I wrote these words a few months into the process of adopting from Haiti in 2008.)


Jesus said to them "The Father is the only one who has the authority to decide dates and times.  
These things are not for you to know."  
Acts 1:7

This verse applies directly to the process of international adoption, especially from a third world country.  
I'm just saying.

Oh how I want to know-long to know dates, times, places, reasons.  But then again, I realize that it is better not to know.  I couldn't handle the responsibility and pressure that goes with that knowledge.  
Thank God for this infinite wisdom, even in not always giving me what I want.

This verse applies directly to the process of adopting from Haiti.  
Oh the waiting.  Oh the not knowing.
These things are not for me to know.  
I trust God.  God put this plan together.  He will see it through.  I have to keep the faith and focus on God.  God's timing.  God's plan.  God's provision. 

What are you waiting for?  Is there anything you've waited for and can now see God's perfect timing in it?  Tell us about it.

Thank you Lord for your infinite wisdom.  Thank You that You have it all under control.  Help me to remember that and to focus on You Lord.  As we enter this season of waiting, Lord, work on me, work in me.  Use me to reach others for Your kingdom and Your glory.  In Jesus precious name, Amen.

No comments: