Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

I Give You Authority

I am reading I Give You Authority by Charles H. Kraft.  The subtitle is Practicing the Authority Jesus Gave Us.


This has been a challenging read for me.  I find it fascinating and terrifying at the same time.  The author has written several books, been a missionary, a professor and is the founder of a healing ministry.  I think his life story is interesting.  This book is an attempt to share what the author has learned through his different experiences.  


The author does a good job of outlining the rules of authority which provides a framework for discussing these matters.  I like that he admits to not knowing everything (for who can know everything about God?) and he often says he learns by experimenting.  I think this is valuable information.  Even if you are skeptical about the unseen, Charles Kraft gives some good tips that he's learned through his years of healing ministry work.


I highly suggest this book, although it is not for the faint of heart.  If you want to open your eyes more to the things "unseen" and to learn some practical ways to exercise your faith, specifically the authority Jesus gave us, this book will be of interest to you. 


To be honest, I am still processing what I have read. 

No comments: