Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Scattered

And wherever they were scattered, they told the people the Good News.  Acts 8:4

God used something bad, the persecution of the early church, the first believers for an ultimate good; the spread of the Gospel and the growth of the church.  If not for the persecution and need to flee, the early followers may have stayed at home where they were comfortable.  Where it was safe, familiar.  And the church would not have grown so far, so wide, so large, so fast.  

I want to remember this so that when I go through hard times and difficulties I can keep a "big picture" focus and remember that God uses the circumstances for the ultimate good.  I wan tot remember that my human mind and eyes are limited.  I want to remember that God is love, He loves me and knows what is best.

Dear Lord,

Help me to remember this lesson.  Help me to grow in my faith.  Help me to believe you.  Help me to keep my eyes on You.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: