Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Simple Obedience

...the spirit said to him "Get up and go downstairs.  Go with them without doubting because I have sent them to you."  So Peter went down to the men.  Acts 10:19-21

The spirit said to him
go with them without doubting
I have sent
So Peter went.

Simple.
Clear.
Concise.
To the point.
Straightforward.
God speaks.
Peter obeys.


Lord, help me to have faith like this.  
Help me be so focused on You that I can hear You clearly and then obey.  
Take action.  Move.  
I know I have to make time to hear Your voice.  
Help me to prioritize.  
Help me to be still.  Help me to hear and obey, Lord.  
I know You are here.  
I know you are talking to me.  
Help me hear You, Lord.  
Help me obey You, always.  
Thank you for this gift, this opportunity.  
In Your Son's Holy Name.  
Amen

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Thanks for this reflections. We need to be in the place that God can speak to us, and just obey.