Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cooperate with the Holy Spirit (from Jan. 2011)

I have to tell you that I had a very dark moment, yesterday.  It lasted about 45 minutes, actually.  I can't really explain it, other than to say that it was dark, oppressive and not just a little scary.  Fortunately, I was able to gather my wits about me enough to turn to God.  And that's just what I did.

When it was over, (and by this I mean I pulled myself together enough to go about my day)  I hopped on the computer, which is what I do, often throughout the day.  And I checked my email.

Do you know that I had three emails from one friend that arrived during the time I was crying out to God?  Two of them were forwards, one was a devotional called Cooperate with the Holy Spirit from Rick Warren/Purpose Driven Life.  And that was indeed the TRUTH I need to hear at that exact moment.  I checked the time on the email, and it arrived during the 45 minute dark time.  This email, full of examples of trusting God, taking a step of faith, taking action before you can see how it will work out was full of enough Truth to get me back on track.  And I really needed that.

The other email was a forward about Jesus and our faith/prayers.  Very beautiful images.  Helpful too. And the third was a response to a devotional I had sent about a subtle erosion of our faith, of our life and forgetting that we live in a world at war.  The response was, yes, we live in a world at war, but we are victorious in Christ.  More Truth.  I needed to hear that.

I'm so grateful to my friend for obeying the prompting of the Holy Spirit to send me an encouraging word AT EXACTLY THE RIGHT MOMENT.  I'm awed and humbled that God was saying "I'm here.  I care."  and showed me in just the right way for me, at that time.   It was like a big ol' hug from God to my heart.

If you hear the Spirit prompting you to do something, do not delay.  Obey at once.  You never know what is going on behind the scenes, but God does.

No comments: