Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

Jesus speaking to His followers......

16  And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever--17  The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.18  I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, desolate, bereaved, forlorn, helpless]; I will come [back] to you. 

John 14:16-18
Amplified Bible

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Read verse 17 again.  The world can not receive or recognize Him.  But we (followers of Christ) know and recognize Him because he lives with us constantly.  Wow.  I have had several experiences in my life of knowing and recognizing the Spirit, or seeing things with "spiritual eyes" if you will.  I've had enough of that to know that I miss it, when I have disconnected/unplugged myself from God's power.  I must spend time with God if I want to have this available to me-or more accurately, I must spend time with God if I want to be able to "tune in" to the spiritual side of things.

I've had some interesting conversations, with people and with God recently.  God is active and at work people.  We must not neglect praying.  I am seeing answers to prayer every where.  Not always in the way I pray or expect, or even hope, however, I am seeing answers.  Prayer matters.

How do you recognize the Spirit in your own life?  Do you have a story of answered prayer?  A story of a "sign" or direction/guidance/clarity?  Or maybe a story of something that made you say "That had to be God, there's no other explanation."  Please share.  The praises of answered prayer serve as food, energy for us to keep going.  So let's encourage one another by sharing.  You may message me privately or call me if you don't want to share publicly.

Awed by the Lord, over and over.

No comments: