Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Selections from Romans 8 along with (some of) my thoughts.....

Verses 24-28

For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Verses 31-35


What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died--more than that, who was raised--who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?

Verses 37-39

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,  nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Did you catch that?

Re-read the bold underlined parts.   

The Spirit Himself intercedes for us. 

ALL things work for the good of those who love God.

If God is for us, who can be against us?

Christ who died and was raised FOR US is interceding for us. 

We are more than conquerors. 


NOTHING can separate us from the love of God through Christ Jesus our Lord.

The resurrected, risen, LIVING Christ is interceding on our behalf.

Let that was over you for a bit.

Jesus is praying for us.  James 5:16 says   Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed. The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with.

I want to be a person whose prayers are something to be reckoned with.  I need to make sure I am living right with God so that can be the case.

Do you hear the TRUTH in these bold words?  Is there some part of your spirit/soul/heart that says, "yeah, I want that!"?   I know there is in me.  I want to view the world through this lens.  I want to view my problems and challenges through the filter of these words of Truth.  I want to view my blessings and gifts in this way too, so that I never lose sight of all I have to be grateful for.

Each of us has struggles, hurt, heartache.  That's life.  What matters is what we believe about these challenges, what we tell ourselves about the hurts.  What matters is whether we turn toward God or away from Him.  I pray that we turn toward Him, our daddy, and let Him comfort us.  If  I can pray for you over anything specific, leave a comment or message me privately.

No comments: