Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pray first!

Then the king said to me "What do you want?"  
First I prayed to the God of heaven 
then I answered the king....."  
Nehemiah 1:4-5a

Am I praying enough?  Even before I speak or answer questions?  If I don't ask or listen how will I know if God is speaking to me and how will I follow His will?  This Scripture reminds me to slow down and to pray more and to listen more.  God is here, He's speaking.  The question is, am I listening?

How is your prayer life?  Do you have any tips to share that help you keep prayer a focus?

Dear Lord,
Help me to be more prayerful and to remember to seek You first so that I may take Your direction, Your guidance, Your wisdom.  I know You're here.  Help me to hear.  Thank You, Lord for Your Word and Your sacrifice.  I love You.  Amen.

No comments: