Now glory be to God!
By his mighty power at work within us,
he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Ephesians 3:20



Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

We have arrived!

Ah, if it were only that simple.  We have arrived at our destination, home for now.  I love it.  There is a crispness in the air.  Jeans/sweatshirt weather in the mornings and evenings.  Still warm and sunny in the afternoon.  The leaves on the trees are mostly green and yellow, with a few tinges of red here and there.  It will be fun to watch that change happen.

Our belongings have arrived as well, in fact they arrived before we did.  Today is trailer unloading day.  Ugh.  I am not looking forward to that task, however I am looking forward to being done with that task.  There are some things in that trailer that we could use at home, and we need to find them.  Let the scavenger hunt begin.

We've seen the kids' school.  I think they will start on Monday.  They are excited about that.  I love that the kids like school.   This is the second week of them being out of school and I can tell they are ready to go back.  It will be nice to have more structure/routine to our days, in some respects.  In other ways, I will miss the laid back style of the days without times to be at certain places, doing what we want, when we want.

Emotions have been all over the place, as to be expected in a big transition like this.  Excitement.  Anxiety.  Hopeful anticipation.  Eagerness to get started.  Curiosity.  Sadness.  Frustration.  It's all good, all part of the growth that a change like this brings.   Choosing to embrace it as an adventure and see where God leads.  Trusting Him, even though there are tons of unanswered questions and decisions that need to be made.  We move ahead, one step at a time and see what develops.  If needed, we adjust course. 

A few people have referred to us as "brave", "courageous" and stated "I wish I had the guts to do that."  when learning about our relocation.  It strikes me as odd, each time I hear that, because I don't really think of it that way, until people mention it.  It is just us, praying, moving ahead, making decisions one at a time.  It's just living life and trusting God.  I don't have all the answers and it's okay.  (most of the time, ha ha, when my anxiety level goes up, it's almost always because I am trying desperately to have, get, figure out all the answers.)  I am a work in progress. 

No comments: